Monday, January 14, 2013

Father's Day Mini Album (Part 1)

After making a special mini for my Mom (see it here and here) I knew I wanted to make a mini album for my Dad that would compliment it.  I had a second plain black chipboard album and a lot of similar scraps of paper, embellishments and accents left over.  Of course I didn't want the albums to match each other, just look like a good pair!

In much the same way as the first mini, I hoped to capture the unique and special relationship I have with my Dad.  We are so alike yet so different....okay not really all that different!  Ha!  Here is the first half of a mini dedicated to a wonderful Father/Daughter love!

Side note:  My apologies for all the glare in these photos.  They were taken with an ancient digi camera and I can't re-take them as the minis have already been given to my parents:)  Also, as before I will credit products where I can.


(Cover) Even though I wanted to keep this mini more masculine I couldn't resist the ribbons!  The big chipboard letter stickers were sanded for a distressed look.  Game spinners and gears are from Tim Holtz - of course!



(Page 1: Wedding) I wanted to begin the album in the same way and with the same moment.  There is a letter to my Dad behind the photo, same idea as my Mom's mini.  The photo is matted with fabric.



(Page 2: At The Racetrack) Some of my greatest memories with my Dad are at the stock car track.  Racecar themed scrap stuff is not easy to come by (at least in Canada) so I used as much as possible.  Black & white gingham brads are a good match.



(Page 3: Hanging Out) I did do a few more captions in this mini.  You can never go wrong with simple paper and buttons.



(Page 4: Museum) Paperclips from the dollar store and key hole from Tim Holtz (can you tell I love his stuff?  Ha ha ha!).  The small paper card is hiding a bit of journalling.  I love the vintage vibe to this page!



(Page 5: Amusement Park) Chunky brads and plain cardstock.  I used the colors in my shirt for this page.



(Page 6: Amusement Park) These pictures are taken with those roller coaster cameras so they were already black and white.  I didn't want to distract from the intense moments in the photos so I only added a basic caption.



(Page 7: Sports Star!) What better way to capture my fun loving Dad than with bright purple and gem stickers?



(Page 8: At The Race Track) I didn't want to distract from this amazing photo so I kept is simple.  Another way to use that hard to find racing paper?  A fussy cut portion to replace a written word!


Well that's the first half and I hope you enjoyed it!  I was pleased to be able to use many similar products so the albums make a nice set.  As with my Mom's mini this journey of creation was packed full of great memories!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check back in to see Part 2!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment