Saturday, January 12, 2013

Mother's Day Mini Album (Part 1)

Woo-hoo it's the weekend!  Even though it's going to be busy here, it always is, I'm happy to sleep in!  I know Valentine's Day is still a month away but I'm getting to work on some projects right away.  While I'm in the middle of creating I'm going to continue to share creations reflecting love, in all it's forms, that aren't necessarily Valentine's Day themed.

Today is Part 1 of a mini album I made for my Mom for Mother's Day.  I wanted it to showcase our bond throughout the years.  I didn't really journal inside the album, instead I wrote a letter to my Mom that said everything I wanted her to know.  This left each and every page completely free for pictures, paper and embellishments.

Here is the first half!  FYI - get ready for some hilarious baby pictures of yours truly!


(Cover)  This album is  basic black chipboard.  I used rub-ons, metal flowers and paper flowers, plus I went a little nuts with funky ribbon.



(Page 1: Wedding) I hid the letter to my Mom under this photo (it's very personal!) and used the wide ribbon as a tab to flip the picture, this way it doesn't get covered in fingerprints.



(Page 2: Carnival) Letter stickers, fussy cut paper and flowers (all Doodlebug).



(Page 3: Birthday) I made the photo frame with dollar store paper tape.  Doodlebug brads were perfect for the title spot.



(Page 4: Playing) I like how many different scraps of pretty paper I was able to use and embellishing was easy with a trio of buttons.



(Page 5: Cooking) How awesome is kitchen themed ribbon with food themed brads?!  Love it!



(Page 6: Playing) I had been saving these patterned paper scraps for so long, just waiting for the perfect project to use them.  The words are cut from another paper scrap and the layered fabric flower finishes the page nicely.



(Page 7: Thanksgiving) More paper scraps being put to good use and funky ribbon used as corner accents.



(Page 8: Horsing Around) Simple epoxy and paper stickers.



(Page 9: Prom) More ribbon and a paper sticker.  I added a fabric covered brad to the flower centre and completed the page with gold mini frames.


So what do you think of the first half of my mini?  One of the best things about making this album was that I chose to focus solely on the photos and the page decor because I took care of all the journalling in one spot.  It also turned out to be a fabulous way to use a lot of small papers I had been saving.

My Mom and I have a special friendship that I cherish, so I think this project was a great way to show her that!

Thanks for visiting and be sure to stop by again soon to see Part 2!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment