Can you believe we're more than halfway through January already?! What I can't believe is that I haven't done a "10 Things" post in ages!! For me 2013 is going to be amazing, that's what I've decided. I've made no resolutions because let's get real here, I never keep them. Ever. Not one. In 30 years. I'm not sure if I want to get into "mission statements" or if goals are the way to go. So until I decide exactly what I plan on doing, here's what I know for sure.
2013 is going to be amazing! It feels like a pretty good way to start the year. Since I've decided this I figure I need a few examples to back it up, here are my 10 Things for today:
1. Grey Hair. Ha ha! I've turned 30 and there's still not a grey hair in sight! Nor are there any "silver" or "Arctic blonde" ones kicking around. I can say that with fierce certainty because my roots are disastrously long and I've been checking! Things gotta be great with no grey!
2. Same Jeans. This almost never happens but.....I still fit in the jeans I bought one year ago! This may not be a big deal for some people but it's like Mardi Gras x 1,000,000 in my life! No weight gain = awesome 2013!
3. No Jersey Shore. This is a two parter. Part one - apparently it's been cancelled. Well that's good. I'm insanely tired of listening to a bunch of terms while I'm at work from this train wreck show that I don't understand. Part two - I have successfully managed to have never subjected myself to that torture which I think is a decent accomplishment in this society. And my IQ continues to rise!
4. Movies I Can Geek Out To. This year is going to be big for me and the theatre. New Thor, Riddick, Catching Fire, Desolation of Smaug, I could go on but I'm already drooling. I am declaring 2013 the year of the geek! The local movie theatre should get used to this face.
5. No Neon. I escaped 2012 with not a hint of neon in my closet. Whew! That was a close one. Thanks for the blast from the past but when it comes to neon I have both been there and done that. In the 90's. I'm over it. Thankfully I have yet to see a smidgen of dayglo nightmares this year (so far).
6. Hockey Is (Finally!) Back. I'm thrilled that hockey is finally coming back (so is J!) and that we no longer have to hear an hour by hour update of the lockout. J & I have had some really fun nights while watching the Canucks kick butt. Admittedly I'll be more thrilled if before a single puck drops all the players thank their fans for being so loyal and patient......but I'm not going to hold my breath for that one!
7. Cleaned Out Closet. It's monumental, this event should really be a national holiday. I finally cleaned out our master closet. Now please don't start picturing a hideous, disgusting vortex of terror in my bedroom closet. It really wasn't that bad, but is was bad nonetheless. Basically the master closet has been used as a storage space. So many times I've tried to clean it out and organize it only to get frustrated halfway through and quit. The fact that I followed through on this simple task is legendary! This fresh start bodes well for an amazing year!
8. Link Parties. I have discovered link parties! I may have been a little (or a lot!) behind the eight ball on these, but I'm so glad I finally came out from under my blogging rock! I've been linking Scraps Of Me up to some link parties lately and as an added bonus I've discovered hundreds of other amazing blogs. It's super fun, almost like a creative blog network every week! (Take a peek at my sidebar to see where I've been linking & get inspired too!)
9. Expanding Creativity. I've been learning new things in the crafting world such as new crochet stitches, jewellery techniques and how in the world to use my new camera. This can only mean good things for 2013! Delving into new areas of crafting is exciting and for some reason it seems less intimidating than it used to. Maybe it's my advanced age? HA! I'm looking forward to learning even more ways to harness my creative mojo!
10. Because. That's right. Because I said so! When I was a kid my parents never let me use "because" as a reason for anything. They always told me that using "because" as a reason was a privilege only given to parents. Well, I've been in the Mommy Club for almost nine years and I'm going to use it every chance I can! So listen up universe - 2013 is going to be amazing because I said so!
What do you want your year to be like? If you made resolutions have you stuck to them? I'd love to hear why your year is going to rock! Thanks for visiting!
Happy Scrapping! Candice