Monday, November 26, 2012

A Christmas Past 2008 (Part 2)

Welcome back!  I hope you enjoyed the start of my 2008 blast from the past! (see the first post from 2008 here.) Today was very frigid up here in the Great White North so I'm hiding out on my couch and getting ready to share another layout. Every year we take E to visit Santa and he has a wonderful time.  I cherish the entire tradition from waiting in line, the excitement of E deciding what to talk to Santa about and of course the beautiful keepsake photo.

This page was a lot of fun to create!  Most of the supplies are from a local dollar store and I had a blast with some alpha stamps.  I also really like the muted, neutral background with the weathered look on the edges.  It makes the beautiful reds and greens pop!



I love the smile on E's face!



As usual I struggled with the journalling, but lyrics from a favourite Christmas carol worked perfectly!  I didn't use straight lines or even spacing when stamping because I wanted the stamping to look a little like an old song sheet (it reminds me of the pages we used in school during concerts).



These chipboard tags came from a dollar store set but I jazzed them up with a little ribbon.



I like the simple feel of this page!


Thank you so much for visiting, I'd love to hear from you as comments are always appreciated!

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment