Sunday, October 21, 2012

Crazy Crayon Melting

I'm back again with another Pinterest inspired summer craft!  Lately I have seen melted crayon art everywhere I turn.  On canvas, pumpkins, paper, basically anything that will stay still!  The effects are beautiful and unpredictable, so each piece is unique.

Of course I had to know if this craft was going to live up to all the hype.  I began by using hot glue to adhere the crayons along the top of our last canvas.  Then E & I headed to the front porch, canvas in tow and armed with my hair dryer.  All the instructions I have read advise to keep the dryer (or heat gun) on low heat.  This is supposed to prevent any hot wax splatter. Since I'm all for not getting my son or myself burnt I followed this tip.

After more than 15 minutes with no joy I took over and cranked up the heat. That's when things got melty and crazy!  E took over and had a blast melting those crayons to the bitter end.  Overall the craft was a ton of fun and turned out quite beautiful.

Finally we were getting somewhere!

Isn't this amazing?  E picked out the order of the colors  & we're thrilled with the result!

This craft was amazing and so fun!  I've been keeping my eye out for the perfect frame as we can't wait to hang this masterpiece in the living room. Have you tried anything with this crayon melting craze?

Happy Scrapping!  Candice

2 comments:

  1. I love it! My kind of art - cool and cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should definitely try this one - very fun!

      Delete